This banana bread recipe is very simple to make, and is pretty much guilt-free. There's no refined sugar, it's gluten-free and also dairy-free.
Perfect for an afternoon snack ~ or even a slice for breakfast with a fresh cold-pressed juice is delicious!
2 large ripe bananas
2 cups coarse almond meal
1/2 cup LSA mix
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/4 cup oats (optional)
3 tsp Coconut Magic coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 chopped vanilla bean
1 ½ tbsp raw honey
4 dates chopped
1 additional ripe banana for the top of the loaf
Extra cinnamon for dusting
- If you don’t have almond meal, place 2 cups of raw activated almonds in your blender and whizz until it turns into meal (this is what I do)
- Add bananas and blend again
- Add remaining ingredients (except for the dates)
- Blend again until well combined
- Fold through chopped dates
- Place in a greased tin
- Optional: cut a banana in half (as shown in the picture) and place on the top of the loaf. Sprinkle cinnamon on the top.
- Place in a 170 degree Celsius oven for 1hr (or until skewer comes out clean)
- Leave in the tin on top of a cooling rack for 20 minutes before turning out. Don’t put out of the tin any sooner or the loaf will crumble.
I make this recipe in my thermomix, so it's super quick and comes out a beautiful texture. If you don't have a thermomix, a powerful blender will do:)