Just say mmmmmm....
Free from guilt, dairy, wheat and sugar. Filled with pleasure for you and your friends. I really loved creating this ~ oh and eating it too! xx
2 cups activated almonds (soak almonds in water over night)
3/4 cup dates
1/2 cup Loving Earth organic cacao powder
2 cups activated cashews
3/4 cup Loving Earth organic cacao powder
1 1/3 cup coconut cream
Orange zest from 1 orange
3/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
Pinch of himalayan salt
To make the crust...
- Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and chop until the mixture is fine
- Press into a lined cake tin and place in the freezer for a few hours (or even overnight if you have the time ~ although not essential)
To make the filling...
- Grate the orange zest
- Squeeze the orange juice
- Place the dates & nuts into the blender and chop until the consistency is fine
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until the filling is well combined and quite a thick texture
- When you are ready to serve, just place the topping on top of the crust. You can place this in the fridge or serve instantly. The choice is yours. Because the topping is very thick, it doesn't require a setting time.
- Serve with berries, coconut or whatever you choose!
- As I've been experimenting with this recipe, I've realised that the orange 'jaffa' flavour depends greatly on the orange(s) you use. Taste the filling to make sure it has enough 'jaffa' flavour for you. If need be, add more orange zest and a bit more freshly squeezed orange juice
- You may have some excess topping left over. This is also enjoyed in a cup ~ yum!
Have fun with this one!