No introduction needed for this. It's so yum that it's hard to stop at 1 piece....
Go for it! Oh, and did I mention there is no added sugar - ideal for those quitting sugar and wanting to watch their waistlines.
Base Ingredients & Method:
- 1/2c dates
- 1c activated* walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 1/3c organic Coconut Magic coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4c desiccated coconut
Place all ingredients in the blender & mix until finely chopped up. Once the mixture resembles crumbs, press into a lined slice dish or cake tin. Place into the fridge while you prepare the topping.
Tip: if the dates seem hard, soak them in boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the water and proceed with the recipe. You'll also find this adds extra moisture to the base.
* To activate the nuts, soak them overnight in water, or for up to 24hrs. Rinse off, then they are read to use in the recipe.
Topping Ingredients & Method:
- 7 dates
- 2 1/2TBS peanut butter (I buy this from the health food aisle in the supermarket as it has less sugar)
- 3TBS coconut milk
- 1TBS vanilla paste
- 4TBS Loving Earth cacao powder
- 1/4c organic Coconut Magic coconut oil (melted)
- 4TBS boiled water