Oh my!! You need to get in the kitchen and make this one. You'll be delighted and nourished. The only problem will be stopping at one slice....
The below recipe is a slight variation of my standard Banana Bread recipe - less sweet and just as delicious!
2 large ripe bananas
2 TBS Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 cups coarse hazelnut meal
1/2 cup LSA mix
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 cup oats (optional)
3 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS vanilla extract
3 dates chopped
1 additional ripe banana for the top of the loaf
Extra cinnamon for dusting
Note: if you’d like to sweeten the mixture, simply add 1 TBS raw honey
- Set oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Place 2 cups of raw activated hazelnuts in your blender and whizz until it turns into meal
- Add bananas and blend again
- Add remaining ingredients (except for the dates) and mix until well combined
- Fold through chopped dates
- Place in a greased tin
- Cook in the oven for 1hr (or until the skewer comes out clean)
Optional: cut a banana down the center and place on the top of the loaf. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Leave in the tin on top of a cooling rack for 20 minutes before turning out. Don’t turn out any sooner or the loaf will crumble.