I really enjoy attending Expos and Trade Shows. They are a fabulous opportunity to see the latest in the Industry, Network and also see how each Expo is operated and presented.
Below I have outlined some tips to help those businesses who plan to have a stand at an upcoming Expo / Trade Show:
- Understand who will be attending the Expo
- Number of anticipated visitors (foot traffic)
- % retail buyers
- % direct buyers
- Your objective
- Brand awareness
- Increasing customer base
- How your store will look
- Ensure your store is an extension of your brand
- Make it interactive, so it's interesting and enticing for visitors
- Your stand must help you reach your business objectives
- Banners, posters and hired items from prop shops work well
- Brief your staff well, so they are representing your brand effectively
- Often success of your stall is a reflection of your staff
- Give your staff clear objectives and tasks
- Social Media
- Drive stall traffic to your Social Media
- Use Social Media during the lead up, exhibition dates and post expo to build your company profile
- Run a competition via your stand, encouraging visitors to tag you in pics to win a prize
- Warm Leads
- Create a plan of how you will capture and follow up warm leads after the Expo
- Everyone loves free stuff. Beyond flyers, it's important to allow visitors to 'trial / test' and take home sample sized products
- Visit the other stalls
- Look what others are doing well
- Debrief at the end of each day and see what you can do better tomorrow
| Alison is a specialist Health & Wellness Business Coach who is passionate about coaching Industry players to succeed in business.
Alison has tailored Business Coaching Packages to help you create a thriving business.
Simply drop me an email to see how I can help you!