It continues to be holiday time for many, which is also be a time for snacking on the wrong foods…
Today I’m giving you my top 10 healthy snack foods. Ideal for grabbing on the go, or diving into as an afternoon snack.
These snacks are sugar-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, which of course means guilt-free!
- Carrot Sticks & Hummus
- My favourite hummus recipe is Lee Holmes No Bean Hummus. Click here to make a fabulous healthy hummus
- Summer Salad
- I’m a sucker for a colourful salad. I always make a huge salad that will serve a dinner, plus carry over to the next day. If you have a fresh salad in the fridge, it’s a fabulous snack to fall on.
- Other salads I love and often put my own variation on is a Green Kitchen Stories Salad and salads by Teresa Cutter
- Search Salads up the top of this page, and many of my salad recipes will display
- Frozen berries & Raw C coconut water
- Berries are a fabulous anti-inflammatory ingredient and very low in sugar. If you follow a sugar-free diet, you’ll know that berries are one of your best friends when it comes to fruit.
- I always have frozen berries, which you can have on hand at a moments notice. Blend in a mixer with some coconut water (my favourite brand is Raw C coconut water). You can also add some superfoods & nuts.
- Create a smoothie, nice cream or simply have some berries with a coconut water drink!
- Handful of nuts
- I activate my nuts. You can read about this here
- A handful of nuts is a great source of protein, fiber and a range of essential nutrients.
- Herbal tea
- Soma Organics
- The Soma Bite are great on-the-go snacks filled with the most nutritious ingredients including organic nuts, seeds & berries
- Almond Milk
- As many of you know I am a huge fan of Almond Breeze Almond Milk. There range includes an unsweetened vanilla milk as well as a chocolate milk.
- Whip yourself up a guilt free smoothie or milkshake. You can even freeze almond milk ice blocks, then throw into the blender to make a frozen yoghurt. Simply add some fruit and off you go. Get creative and enjoy this guilt-free almond milk snack.
- An egg
- Keep some hard boiled eggs in the fridge. Peel an egg and cut in half, adding a spread of your homemade hummus to the top. This will definitely keep you going in between meals.
- Slices of avocado topped with freshly squeezed lemon juice and finely chopped coriander & parley is a great snack. You can also lightly sprinkle with Himalayan salt which has so many benefits, you can read about here
- Air popped popcorn