Last week I had the pleasure of having a Natural Spray Tan at Alkaline & Clinic in Potts Point, Sydney.
I’ve long been a fan of this day spa. I had a Live Blood Analysis done here a while back which I was hugely impressed with.
So, back to the tan… I have loved having this natural glow for the past week or so. It’s lasted particularly well & has been the perfect introduction into Summer!
It’s a wash & wear tan which means you have a shower 2 – 2 ½ hours after your tan is applied, and you’re left with the most beautiful Australian glow.
The product is made from organic DHA and enriched with Aloe Vera. This means that your skin is nourished and hydrated whilst tanning, which extends the life of the tan.
There are no nasties in this product; no nano-particles, parabens, alcohol or SLS.
There are 4 shades of this tan to choose from, so no matter what your skin colour is to start off with, there’s a colour to complement your natural look.
I’ll definitely be going back. I have quite fair skin and have never been a fan of sitting out in the sun for too long. Such a perfect solution to having a natural healthy glow!
This shot was taken 2 days after the tan was applied
Here are some Spray Tan Tips:
- Shaving / Waxing / Threading etc need to be done at least 12 hours prior
- Dry Body Brush your skin before the tan (focus on your elbows and knees!)
- Don’t wear moisturisers / products / deodorants / makeup to your appointment
- Moisturise your skin in the days leading up to the appointment (your tan will last longer!)
- Wear loose fitting dark clothes after your appointment to get home in
- Don’t wear a bra straight after the tan
- 1st shower after the tan ~ don’t use harsh soap (I never recommend hard soap at all…!)
- When drying post shower, pat the body dry with the towel
- Moisturise daily after the tan
- Avoid long showers / baths
- After 7-10 days, the tan starts to fade. To remove the tan, have a long shower / bath and exfoliate thoroughly.