Many of you know I recently did a 3 day juice cleanse. It went so well, and I felt so fabulous after finishing the cleanse that I thought I’d give a different type of detox a go.
This cleanse I was on last week was for 5 days, & involved 3 meals a day with 2 snacks. It was with a company called Eat Fit Food.
All the meals contain no refined sugars, additives or processed food. Just fresh produce, which is really healthy and a party for the taste buds.
How does it work?
I was delivered a cooler bag with an ice pack prior to 7am at my home. If you’re doing this cleanse and want your bag delivered at work – this can also be arranged (at a slightly later time).
I loved the feeling of coming downstairs, popping outside and bringing my cooler bag in. It was a bit like food fairies delivering a surprise at the front of my house and disappearing without a trace. Oh how nice to have someone waiting on me for meals – as a mother, it’s really nice to have this feeling!!
The menu altered each day, keeping it interesting while satisfying your tastebuds and stomach.
What do you have to do?
Each meal was neatly packaged within the cooler bag and was a matter of just serving it up. In some instances, the meals had the option of being heated in either the microwave or stove.
You don’t have to eat everything that’s in the bag, however if you want to – it’s there.
What I loved:
- No cooking for a week – If I didn’t have a family to feed, I would have really relished in this. While this is the case, cooking for 3 rather than 4 somehow seemed easier.
- I big highlight for me were the breakfasts. I am in the habit of finding something I like and sticking to it for a few weeks – then changing it again. It’s the only meal I don’t mix up often enough. Eat Fit Food highlighted how much satisfaction is gained out of treating breakfast like other meals and adding variety. This is something I will definitely continue with.
I loved the morning juices, which were then followed by a really satisfying breakfast, which I spoke about above.
It was a gentle reminder on portion sizes. We all know to restrict serving sizes, although it’s easy for them to slowly increase… All of a sudden you admit to yourself that the amount you’re eating is far more than you're used to!
It can then be hard to start tailoring it back without feeling resentment (& hunger).
This program serves the correct portion size – so that at the end of your cleanse, you’re well and truly used to eating the right amount.
It makes you re-evaluate what you had been putting into your body prior to the cleanse. A fabulous ‘reset’ for your body and ‘educator of nutrition’.
This cleanse is perfect for those who are:
- Time-poor and find themselves snacking too much, eating out regularly, unsure what to include in a healthy meal plan
- Sleep-deprived parents. I wish I had Eat Fit Food around me 6 years ago when I was a new Mum. This was the time that I was eating a processed high sugar diet – all because I was so tired. This would have been a great helping hand, and also given me more energy which would then have allowed myself to continue with the healthy eating once I finished with the cleanse.
- Wanting to have a general detox / cleanse to reset your body and feel good within
- Wanting to lose weight ~ there’s a weight-loss program available.
- If you want to do right by your body by eating really well without sacrificing taste
- If you’re not that great in the kitchen, needing some inspiration and motivation going forward
The 5 day detox works out to $64 / day, and you get to keep the cooler bag & ice brick at the end of your cleanse. If your detox is longer, the price is cheaper.
Considering the money most people spend on food each day, this detox is a very affordable & an attainable way of getting your health back in check, guiding you back to sensible eating.
Types of cleanses that are available are:
- 20 day overhaul
- 20 day men’s x-celerator
- 10 day detox
- 5 day cleanse (this is what I did)
- Healthy eating
- Weight loss